We are so proud to share that for the fourth year in a row, Button has been named to Inc. Magazine’s annual list of Best Workplaces in the US. The list is the result of a wide-ranging and comprehensive measurement of companies that have created exceptional workplaces through vibrant cultures, deep employee engagement, and industry-leading benefits programs.
Collecting data from more than 3,000 submissions, Inc. singled out 395 finalists for the 2020 list. Each nominated company took part in an employee survey on topics including trust, management effectiveness, benefits, and confidence in leadership.
Inc. gathered, analyzed, and audited the data and ranked the employers using a composite score of survey results. The strongest scores came from companies that prioritize the most human elements of work. These companies are leading the way in employee recognition, performance management, and diversity and inclusion.
“A strong corporate culture requires collective resilience and a commitment to grow individually and organizationally. In these unprecedented times, I have seen our team navigate ambiguity and uncertainty hand-in-hand. The example they set for each other and the broader industry as a great place to work is truly inspiring." - Stephanie Mardell, Chief People Officer at Button
This honor comes at an interesting time, as we weather the COVID-19 crisis. Like many businesses, Button made a swift move to 100% remote work in mid-March to protect our employees and to play our part in protecting the larger community in the cities where we operate. Just a few short months ago, we were celebrating the opening of our new headquarters in the Seaport District in lower Manhattan. Today, while we might be missing our offices and in-person interactions with our teammates, we’re keeping our culture alive and supporting employees through these challenging times.
We asked ourselves how we can best support our workforce through the transition to remote work, while ensuring wellbeing and productivity. Here are a couple of ways we’re continuing to foster a strong culture while working from home:
- Consistently measuring employee engagement through monthly surveys and actioning on the feedback provided
- Sharing weekly newsletters with updates, handy resources, and shout-outs to employees who go above and beyond to demonstrate our company values
- A Parent's Guide full of resources for working parents who are juggling work and home life
- Virtual “Talk-O’s” where employees give a talk or class on the a topic of their choosing over video
- Virtual coffee dates powered by Donut
- Fun and team-bonding photo challenges each week in Slack
- Regular Diversity & Inclusion Committee meetings
- Employee Resource Group meetings and virtual events
- Monthly manager trainings with topics including managing remote teams and leadership through change
- And of course, the occasional virtual happy hour!
Button is committed to ensuring that we remain a best place to work, no matter where we are. This award serves as a reminder of the strong and lasting culture we’ve built over the last six years. It’s an affirmation that no matter where we work — whether in the office, or the home office — that the Button team is resilient and committed to building a better way to do business in mobile.
Over the upcoming weeks, keep an eye on the blog, as we’ll continue to share our learnings as we adjust and settle into remote work.