We’re thrilled to announce that Button has been named #16 on Fortune’s 50 Best Small Workplaces in the United States list. To determine the Best Small & Medium Workplaces, Fortune partnered with global people analytics firm, Great Place to Work, to analyze anonymous survey feedback representing more than 158,000 US employees.
To win a spot on these best workplace lists, organizations have to earn high scores from their employees on Great Place to Work’s Trust Index survey. Among other workplace culture features, the survey measures levels of respect, fairness, and credibility experienced by employees.
A common feature of the Best Small & Medium Workplaces is leadership that treats people as a precious asset and that’s certainly the case at Button. Since our founding, we have prioritized the people of Button and it’s evident in our core company values, which includes:
Grow Individually and Organizationally
We commit to learning and developing. We believe that Button is a journey designed to improve us professionally and as people. We give and are open to feedback.
As a company, we are committed to fostering an environment where employees can develop and strengthen the skills that they need in order to be successful both professionally and personally. Not to mention, we have it written on our HQ walls that family is P0, meaning it comes above all else. We also believe in team bonding and group activities to help foster this growth, so we’ve participated in a few fun events in 2018 including:
Retreat in Montauk
- Once a year, we head out of the city for a 3 day retreat. In the spring, we went to Montauk to take a break from the office and collaborate across departments. From the Button Olympics to horseback riding, there was no shortage of bonding opportunities.
- In February, we spent a Wednesday morning at the movies watching the newly released Black Panther as a team.
Many Button Connects (Including our First in London)
- During the summer months, we host a recurring happy hour on our HQ rooftop called Button Connect. They’re an opportunity not only for team bonding, but to get to know the NYC tech community a little better. And for the first time ever, we brought this concept across the pond to our London office in June.
Friends and Family BBQ
- At the end of the summer, we host a BBQ and encourage Buttonians to bring their friends and family to our HQ rooftop. This is a chance to get to know the team better and show our loved ones where we spend our days.
- Just a few weeks ago in early October, we partnered with the LES Ecology Center to help beautify one of the many NYC parks. The team spent the day weeding and planting, and we wrapped up with a picnic in the newly cleaned park.
As our team continues to grow, we’re excited to see what 2019 has in store. If you’re interested in joining one of the best places to work in the United States, be sure to check out our open opportunities.